Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Devil and a Dusty Road

I stepped onto a dusty road
The night was almost through
If my life were a genre
It would probably be a few

I made people laugh
All of us have cried
And as I walked that road
He pulled over to the side

He said "my name is Nick
Please do get in
I don't know where you're going
But I know where you've been"

"You must be the devil
A demon or a ghost"
"On the contrary," he responded.
"Just a gentleman and a host"

So we made some miles
And had some smiles
Then the dawn was close

So we rode into the silence
He smiles and hummed a tune
"You probably want my soul" I said.
He laughed and said, "It's used"

Then I woke up in my bed
Quite startled and confused
Of course it was morning
Yet I still wore my dusty shoes...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;