Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Walk On

By Travis J. Wolfkill (2014)

I try and recall lost manuscripts 
From the hand of one who abandoned bliss
I come to the conclusion that
I'm just a masochist
Ranting of insanity
A man without a family

Suicide, friend of no one
I sent pleas to you
Did you know I wrote them?
I need some amusement
In this life of abusement
Between heartbreak and bullshit
I'm on my last limb

My enemies will hate
Until I'm in my crate
On my way too Hell's gate...
Dawn approaches, prayers are worthless
Life is precious only if you want it
They build prisons for when people say, "Fuck it"
And they build coffins for when people say nothing.

So I continue to write
I still have my inner light
Take my hand and walk on.

1 comments:

Toaster said...

New to blog commenting..this is powerful and inspiring - keep on walking, TW..

Post a Comment

 
;